Sunday 18 July 2010

Pimped Muesli

When ever I buy ready made muesli, I always gets sooo disappointed. Too many mummified raisins, not enough nuts, just oat, I could go on. So today it is pimp your muesli and not a cookbook. Please forgive me. But you can do so much better than "Alpen".

So here is my muesli. I don't make too big a portion at the time. I want it nice a fresh.

Take 1 cup of oat, 1/2 cup flaked almonds - toasts it gently in a wok. I use a safepan, that is a brilliant non stick wok with no nasty side effects added when heated up.

The add 1/3 cup coconut flakes, 1/3 cup mixed pumpkin and sunflower seeds, 1 tsp w/top cinnamon, a dash of real vanilla powder (from a real vanilla pod) and add while still toasting a good squirt of Agave syrup or runny honey. Don't go mad with this, you only want it to stick together a bit. Take the wok of the heat!
 Now you can add some dried fruit of our liking. I like dried cranberries or sour cherries. Leave it to cool completely and put it into a airtight jar. Eat this muesli with in a week or two. Nice, simple and so yummy - and pimped! Alpen go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment