Tuesday 4 August 2015

A matter of loaf and death part 2

My obsession with bread making is still going on. And I pimped a bread I done previously before the bread maker arrived. 
In Honestly healthy, alkaline chef Natasha Corrett's cookbook "Cleanse", there is a great recipe for a Chia and teff bread. I love Natasha's way of cooking, great tasting and doable. However this bread has a lot of ingredients, but so worth it.
This bread reminds me of a sourdough type of bread, but without the hardship of  fermenting dough.
But I had to change a few things to make the recipe work in the bread maker.
 So down sized and pimped by me, Chia and teff bread:

375ml lukewarm water 
1.5 tsp dried yeast
1 tsp salt
1.5 tsp rice syrup or honey 
3 Tbsp neutral oil
15g psyllium husks
2 tsp grounded linseeds
70g teff flour 
40g buckwheat flour 
20g quinoa flour 
70g tapioca flour 
70g almond flour 
15g potato flour 
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp sesame seeds 

Everything into the bread maker. Use the settings with the longest raising time. 
Mine is the Gluten free setting.
If you want a larger loaf, double the ingredients, but not the yeast - only 2tsp.
A money saving tip is buying flours like Teff, tapioca, grounded almonds etc. in Indian supermarkets, 
a 5th of the cost in the health shops.





No comments:

Post a Comment