Saturday 4 July 2015

The heat is on - Pimp your water!

The summer has finally arrived in London and with a vengeance. I went to the Wholefood market in Picadelly and there was rows of beautiful bottles of infused waters. It was boiling outside and looked so beautiful in the bottles.


I bought a bottle and the boys and I agreed this was a great drink, but a bit expensive for what it really was.
I can do that myself I thought.
I found on Amazon Kindle a free book about Flavoured water to down load, even better.

No need for juicers and blenders, only your patience. If you are real fancy, you could buy an "infuser", but really a glass or plastic bottle is all you need.
I got lots of mint in my garden and 3 pebble strawberry plants., so the first batch we made was strawberries, mint and lime. Left it for 3 hours and ready to drink.


Other great combinations are:

- cucumber w/lemon infuse for 2 hours 
- Kiwi on its own, or with strawberries. Infused for 3 hours 
- Pineapple with mint, or ginger. Infused for 3 hours 
- Watermelon w/rosemary infused 2 hours 

There are hundreds of other combinations, but no excuse to get dehydrated. Enjoy the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment