It has taken me years to get the perfect, to my taste, Hummus recipe.
So here it is with a little help from Rip Esselstyn and a bit of pimping (a lot) from me. Without any further nonsense :
- 1 can of chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 tsp Tamari or Braggs liquid aminos (is a soya sauce)
- 3-5 Tbsp water
- 2-3 Tbsp Vegenaise (egg free mayonaise)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Vogels herbamare herbal salt
Everything into the food processesor and blend untill the right texture.
You migh twant to add more water or salt. That is all up to your tastebuds.
Now you got all this wonderfull Hummus to eat.
Here is a brilliant way of turning it into a quick a tasty meal.
Got the idea from Neal Barnard's book Get healthy, go vegan
- One pita bread - I use "The food doctors" whole grain pita breads, but any whole grain pita will do.
- Soy cheese or any othe melting type of vegan cheese
Turn the oven on to 200 degrees. Spread the hummus onto the the pita bread. Cut the tomatoes into small chunks and slice the olives into thin slices. Add the two on top of the hummus and grate some soy cheese on top. In the oven for approximately 8 min.
Badabing!! Lunch is ready!