Saturday 27 June 2015

"Against all grain" granola

I really don't like many of the breakfast products you can buy in the shops. Too much sugar, boring or something I don't like i.e. Raisins. So when I occasionally get the craving for granola, I do it myself .
This recipe is pimped from Danielle Walkers book "Against all grains - meals made simple". I really really like her cookbooks a lot and can highly recommend to get your hands on one of her two books. 
Her granola is called "Nut-free granola " and that it isn't anymore in my pimped world. I also halved the portion size.
So here it is: 
Mix 2 tsp chia seeds with 1 Tbsp warm water - set aside.
In a pot 1/4 cup raw honey + 1 Tbsp coconut oil + 1 Tbsp almond butter, melt these on very low heat.
In a bowl mix 1 cup of mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower) + 1/2 cup coconut flakes + 2 Tbsp hulled hempseed + 1 tsp cinnamon + dash of vanilla powder and salt. Put all the seeds into a food processor and pulse 6 time.
Mix the melted honey and oil with seed mix - spread on lined baking tray and into oven 150 degrees 5 mins, flip around and back again for another 5 minutes. Please keep an eye on this, at this stage. Mine got a bit dark this time, but still okay.
When the granola is cold, mix in 1/3 cup of dried sour cherries. Could be raisins or cranberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment