Friday 10 September 2010

Pimped Baby cookies

Got a trip planned to NYC with a good friend of mine in October. And there is a place which is on my top 10 of things to do - "Baby Cakes: Vegan, (Mostly) Gluten-Free, and (Mostly) Sugar-Free Recipes from New York's Most Talked-About Bakery" on lower East side.

I bought this book last year and couldn't really use a lot of her recipes. In all the recipes was used a special flour mix "Bobs red mill", you can only get this in the US - Ahhhh! But stubborn as I am, I research and found what is in this mix. Adapted he recipe to what I could buy in my shops. So this recipe is totally pimped!


So this lovely cookie recipe is for two lovely Finnish gluten free ladies I know :

Chocolate Chip cookies

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Mix together in a bowl all the wet stuff :
1 cup of coconut oil
6tbsp Apple puree (you can use unsweetened baby food)
A dash of salt and 2 tbsp good vanilla extract - I know it sounds like a lot,but trust me.
Then add 3/4 cup Agave Syrup. Put to one side.

In another bowl mix all the dry stuff :
1 1/4 cup Dove Gluten Free Self raising Flour
3/4 Cup Gram flour (Chickpea flour)
1/4 cup grounded flax seeds - I use a coffee grinder.
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda

Mix the wet with the dry, using a spatula. The fold in 1 cup full of dark chocolate chips (I use dairy free).
Use a tea spoon or melon baller, and place nice little dollops on your baking sheet. Give them a little press to flatten. Into the oven for 20 - 25 min. Then out on a cooling rack. Don't start eating them until they are cold, if you can resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment