Saturday 18 September 2010

Monkey food with crocodile juice

Saturday mornings are sacred. If I am lucky the twins let me sleep late, in return for this I make them something special for breakfast. This morning an adaption of a recipe from Alicia Silverstone's book "The kind diet". When I was a child we used to call fruit salad for "Monkey food" (Abe mad). So here is my pimped version of one of Alicia's recipe.

Monkey food with crocodile juice

As many portions of fruit salad as you got people. Cut the fruit up in small bit size pieces or cheat as I did. I went to Marks & Spencer and bought 2 boxes of fresh fruit salad : Mango, strawberries, melons, pineapple, blueberries and apples.

Now he sauce : 2 tbsp non dairy milk (soy, nut etc.) 2 1/2 tbsp almond butter, 2 tbsp Maple syrup, 2 tbsp orange juice. Into a blender or hand whisk it.

Toast some coconut shavings. Drizzled some the lovely sauce over the fruit salad and sprinkle with toasted coconut. OMG - so good!! And the boys loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I like the almond butter and coconut in this...sounds like a yummy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete